The Good In Life




Assalamualaikum...

Lately, things have been a bit tough and sticky in my world. Nothing catastrophic, but little things have made my everyday seem harder than it needs to be. As a result, I spent too much of my week grumbling along, wondering why things need to be sooo tough, sooo frustrating, soooo aggravating... And my ever so patient umi kept telling me that things are going to be ok, could be worse, it's just a bump, you can make it through and etc.. See how wonderfully optimistic and positive my umi is. But still her words cannot erase the gloomy cloud in my head. 




Then, as I scrolling randomly up and down the facebook timeline, I came across this quote.

"Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day"

MasyaAllah, as a quote such as this one does, it got me thinking. This may be one of the loudest truths in life.  I mean, life would not always be a bed of roses or sunshine or fireworks ait? But there is a moment, in every single day that is good and  should be recognize and captured and cherished! 
Maybe we have taken them for granted that we didn't notice the good because we are too preoccupied with the negative things in our life. 

For instance, you may have a bad day, your things didn't work out, you got scolded by your lecturer or boss at the work place, but...
Think about the good things that happened on that day.
You had your favourite breakfast as usual in the morning,
You were healthy as a horse, 
The traffic was good and you got to work on time,
Your friend gave some of his homemade cakes,
You got a brand new pen,
A kitten came across and lingered around your feet,
 or a quite calming cup of tea before bed...

Most likely, it will be something so regular that it is almost unnoticeable. But it just might be the GOOD in your day. 
So start noticing, enjoying, and savouring no matter how little or normal that moment might be. Noted that every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day. 

THE END...

3 comments:

SHAZWAN AZIAN said...

jgn malas-malas dik. chaiyok2

Yie Weezer said...

wah..ada katak la kt blog dia :)hhee

Ayuni said...

Nice blog!