A Time For Charity!



Assalamualaikum guys...

Ugh..The busy schedule filled with tons of assignments, tests, mini projects and presentations really get me drowned and carried away. And suddenly out of blue, I got the offer to stay in UMT Hostel again and this indirectly causing me to move out again. No time to play, no time to have fun, we even need to steal some time just to take a short nap rather that a good quality sleep. Ughh...~ *Sigh.

That day I was looking into my planner and realised that it has been more than a month here, in UMT as a second year student. More than a month? Ya Allah, I literally freaked out! How time flies huh?
 
Right then, I started to ask myself this question : Iylia, what did you do to ease yourself for he past few weeks? Shopping with girlfriends? Strolling by the beach? Hang out in McD? Then I came up with this answer : NOTHING. Simply nothing. *A very sad answer I have to admit there. Sobs..Sobs..

Then, something came up. Our number 1 club in UMT, BIOSIS Club held a charity event to Taman Sinar Harapan in Kuala Terengganu - A home for the handicapped and down syndrome kids. Right then, there was a light bulb popped out of my brain. Why not? This is it! This is the time for me to have fun with the kids, kill some stress and at the same time do some charity work! Wow! Killing 3 big birds with a tiny little stone! Pretty impressive ait?

The candies and lollipops prepared for the kids. :)

I was delighted since it was my very first time spending time with those special kids. 
When we reached there, the kids welcomed us warmly. 
They were super cute, super friendly, super funny, active, and bold-spirited!
They love to hug us tightly, love to kiss and being kissed, love to smile, love to laugh heartedly, and love to chat a lot!

Then, something hit me on my head. The people's negative impression about those special kids saying that
they're super aggressive, love to wail and cry, love to pinch and bite are simply wrong! Conversely, they are super duper friendly that I cannot stop from smiling and laughing for the whole day! SubhanAllah!

Look how happy and friendly they are!

We've done some fun activities together .
We've done a lot of chatting, singing, dancing, pasting, playing, taking pictures, and having meals together.
They were all sooooo happy that they float on the cloud 9!
It just satisfied me to see them smile and laugh. A total satisfaction that cannot be described by words!

With the sleepy-head Daniel!

Giving 150% full commitment to get the collage-house done! 

An artistic collage-house I have to admit there. Hahahaha.

Having fun and clapping hands. Beside me is Zainab, the super 'sempoi' girl amongst them all! 

The sleepy-head Daniel suddenly turned into the happy-head Daniel during the activities. 

Karaoke in progress. And p/s : They sung really well!

At the end of the day, we performed a special song for them as a regard of appreciation before going back to UMT. They loved it to death that they asked us to repeat the song again and again. It was Barney's Song - The Happy Family Song.

Le' facilitatoras and le' kids!

The kids refused to let us go and there were even some of them who cried sadly. They hugged us tightly and warmly. It was a very looooooong hug! A super long one I've ever got! The kids said that they rarely get visitors like this. Suddenly, it made me sad to leave them. Before going home, we took tons of pictures as a token of sweet memories and exchanged gifts and sweets.

A snap before heading home.

Aaahh...Really hoped that we can stay longer but the fact is tons of assignments waiting and waving at us once we're home.
It was a tiring day, but very fun indeed! 
Now, my mission is accomplished! My stress is relieved, my mind is free, and I did a charity work at the same time! Yay!! *Shining Colgate smile :D

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The believer's shade on the Day of Resurrection will be his charity." - Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 604
The Prophet also said: "Every act of goodness is charity." - Sahih Muslim, Hadith 496

THE END... 

2 comments:

Fendy said...

look fun...

Iylia Syazwanie said...

@Fendy

Indeed! It was superfun!!!:D